year! The day after Thanksgiving my family heads out to the Christmas tree farm to select our live Christmas tree and pick up all our fresh wreaths and garland. I love the smell that fills our house as we decorate, there’s just nothing like it. We play Christmas music, make hot cocoa, and jump start our very favorite season.
As always, I have fresh cedar and pine wreaths on my front doors and windows and fresh garland around our front doors. I used a chartreuse silk ribbon for my bows this year, and the color is absolutely perfect! I adorned my tree with the same chartreuse ribbon and loads of mercury glass ornaments and tiny boxwood wreaths. I love to mix things up a bit, so I opted out of a traditional tree skirt and used fur rugs instead, and I love how it turned out. Our packages also keep the theme going with various papers and ribbons in cream, gold, gray and silver.
For the front living room and dining room, I kept things simple with small boxwood wreaths, fresh greenery and a sprinkling of vintage brass reindeers and Shiny Brite ornaments. I think small touches go a long way and love the feeling of stepping into a room that has been thoughtfully decorated for the holiday season!
- Keep it chic and gracious… you can never go wrong with this combination, take my word for it!
- Opt for fresh trees and greenery if you can, there’s really nothing better.
- Don’t feel confined by the traditional red and green color palette of the season. Creams, grays, gold, silver and chartreuse are gloriously gorgeous!
- Mix in vintage finds when you can. Brass figures and vintage ornaments can add the perfect touch of whimsy and interest.
- Think outside of the box for your tree skirt. Maybe it’s a lively plaid throw blanket, fur rug, or a vintage trunk… the sky’s the limit.
- Use your wrapped packages as a part of your holiday décor. They are the perfect opportunity to reflect the colors and motifs of your home.
Happy Decking the Halls!